Monday, May 19, 2008

This is no fluke.

Sleeping in the crib, day 2.

I checked on Cash before going to bed myself and this is the scene I found. Thinking it was an adorable fluke, I woke Todd up and made him come take a look. He was sufficiently amused for a groggy Poppa, but when he left the room I found I wasn't satisfied. So I grabbed the camera and took this photo using the little night vision feature. I was pretty proud of myself, having captured a comical Cash-ism for all to see. "Ha ha, look! The baby has his hands behind his head as if it's intentional!" 

Fast forward 40 minutes, after Todd and I had retired for the night. Cash decided he might be hungry. Momma decided she might try giving him the pacifier. That worked for about ten minutes until he started crying again, arms and legs flailing about. Feeling somewhat defeated, I went back to the crib, gave Cash the pacifier and asked him to kindly wait a minute while I make his bottle...because, yes, he understands things like that.

I made the bottle like a good Momma, went back to fetch the young boy and what did I find? He was sound asleep with his hands right back behind his head. Only this time he was sucking away on the pacifier, too. "Oh thanks, Mom. I couldn't find my binky in the dark." 

I guess life in the crib suits the young prince just fine.

1 comment:

  1. Cash is the MAN! Those chubby cheeks and thighs are so adorable. I can't wait to get my hands on him!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?